Minor League Baseball Umpires teamed up over Spring Training to bowl for a great cause in UMPS CARE Charities.
It had been almost three years since these umpires took their talents to the bowling alleys, and these umpires were ready to roll! Umpires bowled in Arizona and in two locations in Florida, and raised more than $23,000 to support these programs:
- BLUE Crew Ticket Program – UMPS CARE is planning to invite groups from youth-based organizations and military families to MLB ballparks and games in all 30 Triple-A ballparks this season.
- BLUE for Kids Program – UMPS CARE has delivered more than 18,600 Build-A-Bear furry friends to young patients in pediatric hospitals.
- Official Leadership Program – We launched a brand new program to teach teens leadership skills and umpire mechanics.
- All-Star College Scholarship Program – UMPS CARE provides $10,000 per year to a child adopted later in life to go to college and pairs each recipient with an MLB umpire to mentor them through their college journey.
- Family Care Program – If you know of an umpire who has fallen on hard times, please let us know as UMPS CARE can provide short-term financial relief.
Click on this LINK more information about the bowling tournaments. Thanks to Arianna Grainey for capturing some of the special moments from our Arizona tournament!