Major League Baseball Umpires Bill Miller, Doug Eddings, and Roberto Ortiz who are working the Chicago White Sox-Kansas City series, took time out today to visit young patients at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and to deliver Build-A-Bear Workshop® furry friends, outfits and more to kids undergoing treatment.And this visit was a memorable one!This visit also marks a special milestone for UMPS CARE as we have now delivered 19,040 Build-A-Bear® furry friends since the program’s inception in 2006. With the delivery of 100 stuffed toys today, we have now surpassed the 19,000 mark!“We are thrilled to see MLB Umpires take time out to spend time with kids undergoing treatment at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago,” said Jennifer Skolochenko-Platt, Executive Director at UMPS CARE Charities. “It is so exciting to stop and think that UMPS CARE and the MLB Umpires have delivered more than 19,000 Build-A-Bear® toys to kids. That’s a lot of furry friends and a lot of smiles for young patients who really need their spirits lifted.!”In addition to Build-A-Bear® furry friends and outfits, UMPS CARE also provides each young patient with an activity book, crayons, baseball-styled stress balls and a promotion code to create their own TOPPS baseball card!Volunteers from Huron’s healthcare business dedicated time to stuff goody bags for the young patients, and other volunteers joined UMPS CARE to assist with the visit.UMPS CARE Charities wishes to thank Huron, Major League Baseball and our donors for their financial and volunteer support for this event.Help us reach the 20,000 milestone! Donate today to support our Blue for Kids hospital program!
- UMPS CARE Charities Golf Classic Registration Now Open – Don’t Delay, Sign Up Now
- Continuing Coop’s Legacy at the 2nd Annual Eric Cooper Memorial Bowling Tournament Presented by the Iowa Cubs
- MLB Umpires Paul Emmel, Chris Guccione & Arby’s Foundation volunteers deliver Build-A-Bear toys to kids at Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Umpires hit the roads, trails, biking to raise funds for UMPS CARE Charities hospital program
- UMPS CARE Charities East Coast Classic is another huge success!